Many common languages are included on OSGeo-Live. To switch languages:
- Log out
- Select another language from the bottom panel menu.
- Select user=”user”, password=”user”
- Repeat the process if wish to change languages again.
The system menus and many of the applications will now appear in the language chosen. If a specific program continues to display in English, then the program doesn’t have a translation available - please consider volunteering to write a translation. Contact the program of interest directly for more information.
For additional languages see Applications ‣ System ‣ Language Support (Requires an internet connection).
International keyboard support is installed, but you will need to configure the system for your specific keyboard. To change settings open Applications ‣ Settings ‣ Settings Manager in the menu and double-click on Keyboard in the following dialog. Your password will be requested to allow configuration update, type “user” for the current user “user”.
- Choose Layout tab in the Keyboard dialog
- Disable the option Use system defaults
- Click on button Add to add an additional layout
- Choose the preferred layout and
- Select it in the Keyboard dialog
- Go back to the main settings page (Overview)
- Close the Settings Dialog and log out to apply