Web Feature Service¶
TinyOWS is a high performance, Transactional Web Feature Service (WFS-T) which is light weight and easy to deploy, using a CGI or FastCGI interface and using PostGIS for data storage.
TinyOWS is commonly used in conjunction with MapServer to provide WFS-T and fast WFS services for QGIS and/or OpenLayers clients. It is used in production in organisations around the world, including risk adverse government agencies. TinyOWS strictly implements the WFS 1.0 and 1.1 standards, and has passed all OGC CITE units tests (~ 1000 unit tests).
- Transactional Web Feature Service (WFS-T)
- CGI and FastCGI interface
- PostGIS data connection
- GML 2.1.2, 3.1.1 and GeoJson 1.0 output
- Configured using MapServer’s configuration file, allowing a single configuration file for both applications.
- WFS 1.0 and WFS 1.1: Basic and Transactionnal profiles
- FE 1.0.0 and FE 1.1.0
- GML 2.1.2 and 3.1.1 Simple Profile (SF-0)
Software Version: 1.1.1
Supported Platforms: Linux, Unix, Mac, Windows
API Interfaces: CGI/FastCGI